Wednesday, May 14, 2008

If They Didn't Think Me Odd Before . . .

Yesterday, as it has been noted, was the day I finally received an acceptance letter. Hooray for the U! (And no, Mom, this doesn't mean I will be more likely to attend their football games now)

Anyway, I decided I want to look information up online right away. When do I register? How many credit hours make a full load? When are class scheduled for? (Will I still be able to work full-time and take the classes I want, or will it be necessary to become a part-timer?)

This led me to a marvelous web page that lists the master's classes being offered in the English department this fall . . . registration is not open yet, but I was getting a serious high from reading the descriptions.

Composition Theory and Research! Introduction to Critical Theory! Pragmatism and 19th Century American Literature! Their titles fill my soul with joy and their descriptions bring a little bit more dazzle into my life.

And apparently, I got excited enough that I was bouncing up and down. Literally. Actually physically bouncing up and down. Something I didn't notice until my co-worker asked why I was so bouncy.

"Oh," I replied offhandedly, "I'm looking at the courses I could possibly take this fall for graduate school, and I'm excited."

His raised eyebrows said it all.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You're so cool. LOL.

Schmetterling said...

I'm still an undergrad, but I get similar responses from people when I tell them how excited I am to take classes like "Modern American Usage," "The Grammar of English," and "English Semantics and Pragmatics."

Simple Philistines... they just don't understand....

Anonymous said...

Although graduate classes are VERY cool, a word to teh wise, don't take too many at once, because it will be te death of you. When they say 9 credits is a full load, they really mean it, I took 11 once, ugh. Caroline