Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Final Graduate School Update

When my mom called me at work twenty minutes ago, I'm pretty sure she was trying to restrain herself.  Keep from squealing.  She held my fate in her hands, after all.  My final letter--the letter from the University of Utah--had come.
 
And she knows how to read such letters through their envelopes.
 
In short, the University of Utah has accepted me.  And I, in turn, accept them in favor of not retaking the GRE, not paying more application fees, and not waiting around to see what I can make of myself.
 
The only person happier than me: my mom.  It's at moments like these that I'm pretty sure she's glad she learned how to tap dance.

8 comments:

Braden said...

Congratulations!

Kristen said...

Hurray! Congratulations, that is very very cool :)

Annie said...

WOO HOO!!!!! Way to go! I'm so happy for you! That's my Katie!

Schmetterling said...

So--is this a back door?

Xan said...

So this is good news...as I have a feeling I'll be ending up there as well...*sighs* I may never get out of this place...

Katie said...

Bawb, Kristen, and Annie--Thanks :)

Schmet--I've been getting the distinct impression it is. (It would seem I'm supposed to stay around Utah-land for a while yet)

And Nalton--if you end up here, you'll have to let me know. I'll feed you periodically.

GreenTaiwan said...

I'm sad that I won't be getting a study buddy. Hopefully I'll still do okay though. So when do you get to start? It should be an exciting ride.

Janel said...

Aaaa!!! This is what I get for not reading ALL the blogs in my reader for two days. Congratulations! That is so exciting!