Friday, May 9, 2008

Collecting Thoughts

I suppose that, for me, it is inevitable.  Now that I'm more or less bored out of my head for seven-and-a-half of the eight hours of my work day because there simply is not enough to do around here, blogging provides an excellent outlet.  Which means that all of you who read my blog are about to get the joy of having at least one blog per work day.  More if there's more material in my brain than can be fit into a tidy blog entry.
 
(And by tidy, I mean somewhere around six paragraphs.  I tend to lose patience with long blog entries unless I'm very intrigued with the ideas presented therein.  So if I've ever left you a comment and you thought, "Hey, she sort of misinterpreted what I was saying!" Well, um . . . it's possible I reacted without reading the entry all the way through.)
 
Anyway, today I shall treat you to a number of random thoughts and questions that have been running through my head:
 
The word 'epistolary' is usually used to refer to a work comprised entirely of letters.  Is there an equivalent for something comprised entirely of e-mails?  E-epistolary, perhaps?
 
It's amazing how much my readership numbers spike when I mention a movie star.  My review of Shattered Glass spawned more hits in a day than anything else I've written.  Either that, or people like to google Hayden Christensen far more than even I would have thought possible.  (Maybe they're doing what I'm doing--hunting to see what he's done well.  Poor lad has gained such a reputation from his turn as Anakin.)
 
Sometimes, I dig myself into a hole because I aim too low--and hit the mark dead-on.
 
Happiness is a state of mind that is harder to achieve when my head hurts.
 
"Going out on a limb" means there is a higher-than-average probability that the branch will break.
 
Is there a reason I'm not writing a novel right now?  (Heh.  I almost wrote 'write now' instead.)
 
How does a person get past the 'If only I had done (or not done) x, life would be different" mentality?

1 comment:

Schmetterling said...

If you really have "seven-and-a-half of the eight hours of [your] work day" to burn doing whatever the heck you feel like, you really should be writing a novel. I mean, it isn't very often you can get paid to write a novel regardless of whether it gets published.