Monday, November 12, 2012

In Which I Demonstrate the Extent to Which I Can Be Nerdy

I have this friend from work.  We'll call him Kevin, because that's his name.  And he's one of many people interested in what I'm creating while I do this crazy NaNoWriMo deal.  I feel as though I have much more support this time around, which is awesome, because I don't remember this many people last year saying: "Hey cool!  You're writing a book!"

In all fairness, that's not to say that I think these people mightn't have thought the same thing last year, if I had so obviously been writing a book and I knew some of these people last year... I write by hand, rather obviously, in places like the break room.  What else would they think I'd be writing aside from a book?  (...and I just realized I might not want to know the answer to that question)

Anyhow, he has made a specific request: that I not kill off my main character.  I've complied, because who kills off their main character?  (Okay, okay, I know it's happened, but I always feel betrayed.  Unless of course the characters has died-but-not, a la Harry Potter or Westley from The Princess Bride.)

So.

In the course of a conversation last Friday, he'd asked about some plot point I can't remember and what I may or may not do with the book.

And I told him: "I can do anything I want.  I MAKE IT SO.  Like #2."

No comments: