Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's That Time Again!

I know that y'all dearly long for these bi-weekly posts that update you on the progress of my goals. Perhaps you laugh at my failure. Perhaps you applaud my success. Perhaps you do none of the above, and instead sit and quietly scheme up ways of disrupting my efforts. Whatever the case may be, here goes:

1. Um, well . . . again, what is regular? Or even semi-regular? And do I get points for always waking up at the same time (sans alarm, even) regardless of when I went to sleep?

2. Okay, so I've sort of reformed. I'll try to reform more. On the bright side, I now have plenty of space for yoga in my room. Behind closed doors. So I don't feel that I'm putting on a show for anyone. (So I like to exercise alone. So sue me.)

3. I picked up some mouthwash from the store the other day. I'm brushing. I'm flossing. And no, I still haven't called a dentist. Haven't either bothered to figure out which dentists are on my insurance plan.

4. Okay, so I have to say that I'm tremendously proud of myself. And I do mean tremendously proud of myself. Because if cleanliness is next to godliness, I've pretty much managed to transform my room into heaven. Sure, it took five and a half hours to accomplish. But it's so worth it. Particularly since I'll be needing to write a few large papers soon.

5. and 6. Should probably have been one goal with two corollaries. But anyway, I'm back on top of things. At least, as on top of schoolwork as graduate students ever get. I think there's some sort of diabolical scheme planned to make us all feel behind, even when we're no. But hey, when it comes right down to it, we're sort of asking for it.

7. I feel like I'm being a realistic soul. At least about these. I've never, on the whole, been a realistic soul. Where's the fun in that?

No comments: