Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Back in the Honeymoon Stage

But not in regard to any of the following things: moving, my roommates (Are you kidding?  We've never fought.  So I think that means it's possible we've never left the honeymoon stage.  Or else we just disregarded it completely.  Also possible.), dating, any type of romance.
 
No, I'm back in the honeymoon stage again when it comes to work.  And this is why: I'm busy!
 
I started last Wednesday, and last Wednesday flew by.  After talking about all of the many facets of my job with all of the many people who correlate with those facets, it was all of a sudden time to go home.  But due to extenuating circumstances, I found myself thrown into my job--solo--for half of Thursday and all of Friday.
 
Though I had a list of things to do, some of them were menial.  And the fun ones?  Well, I wasn't able to do them yet.  Especially since all of my permissions had not yet been set up.  I heckled a little bit, and saw a few results.  But by the end of Friday, I feared that I had lost all interest in this job within a three-day time span.
 
That thought, friends, was incredibly depressing.
 
Imagine my delight this morning when I found out there is much to do!  Trainings to go through!  Things to fax!  I'm totally de-valuing the exclamation point here, aren't I?!
 
I am enjoying my tasks.  I am enjoying talking to people as I complete my tasks.  And I'm seriously enjoying the casual dress code.  Denim capris and a t-shirt, baby.  (Also, this nicely makes packing a heckuva lot easier.)
 
There is enough to do.  More than enough to do.  Which means this is excellent.  Even when I return home and there's more than enough to do there, as well.
 
When we were younger, whenever my siblings and I would engage in laziness, my mom loved to quote: "Idle hands are the devil's workshop." 
 
If the converse of that statement is true, I'm in heaven!
 
(I told you I was in the honeymoon stage . . .)

No comments: