Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oh what a morning

Not beautiful.  Just a morning.  And feeling like it.
 
I thought it might not go well when I ran to Trax and barely made it aboard, when the bus almost drove right past me, when I almost missed my stop for work.  Granted, there were a few things I saw that made it feel less like a morning:
 
1. For the second time this week, I saw someone wearing spandex to . . . wait for it, rollerblade.  And I'm talking full-body suit spandex and not shorts or a suit.  This image will be emblazoned in my brain for a couple of days.  Until something more disturbing/amusing comes along.
 
2. I think of her as the burqa girl. The way she wraps her head . . . well, let's just say it would probably fly in a Middle Eastern country if she weren't wearing her Einstein bagels t-shirt and jeans. And the fact it looks like this: she has her Einstein's ball cap on, and then she usually wears a hooded thermal shirt.  Today it was super-flowery.  She always pulls the hood over her hat, and then she wraps a scarf or two around her neck and her face.  In the end, all you see are her eyes.  Today the scarves were black and pink and green.  The overall effect, as you can imagine, was one of eclecticism.
 
3. I can smell the snow.  It's coming, and it makes me happy.  Once it's here, I want to go and ice skate outside at the Gallivan and be freezing, but oh so happy.
 
Now if I can focus on these things and not on the peppermint tea I just managed to dump all over myself . . .

No comments: