Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Life of a Dollar

Yesterday, my co-worker and I were going crazy. Everyone was driving both of us nuts. I called it a witchy queen day for the two of us. She called it something that sounded similar. Anyway, everybody was demanding. Everybody had criticisms. Everybody wanted more attention, more time, more everything. And Human Resources, they thought, should know of a way to provide everything their little hearts desired. HA!

The only way to deal with this, we mutually decided, was to run down to Cutler's cookies and get ourselves sugared up. It's one of our ways to make ourselves feel better. And it works.

Yesterday, I got a dollar bill with a website on it: www.wheresgeorge.com, that allows you to track the path of your dollar bill. I noticed it this morning and thought, "Oh, what fun! I wonder what sort of life a dollar bill leads."

I'll tell you: this dollar bill leads a very boring life. It's been in Layton, UT and Bountiful, UT. And that is all. Nowhere else. How sad. I relate all too well to this dollar bill, having lived in one place for all of my life. I'm bored. And at the moment, I lead a boring life. Work, church, music, chiropractor, sleep. The routineness of it all is not as bad as it sounds.

But still, I want to find a way of helping this dollar bill see more. Just so I know I can too.

4 comments:

Thirdmango said...

We need to throw a cog in that lifestyle sometime.

Katie said...

And by "we" you mean . . .?

Thirdmango said...

The Royal "We." Xianthippe (Noel) and I want to meet you sometime, we could perhaps have a little get together of some sort.

Katie said...

Oh, that we. We shall have to see what we can do about a get together. (P.S. That was a collective "we" . . .)