Friday, January 26, 2007

Victory

As of next Monday, I will have to change the title of my blog. I got a job offer! And I took it. Because the job sounds fun, the people were incredibly nice, the position will not be boring in the slightest, the insurance is super-fabulous . . . My mom says her prayers were answered rapidly because I had the interview yesterday and I got the call with the offer just ten minutes ago.

Thankfully, this amount of time is shorter than everyone else I know who started looking for a job right when they graduated. (Lots of people I knew had jobs right when they graduated because they were smart enough to look for them during the semester and not afterward)

My days of lounging are done! No more will I spend time correcting all of the errors in the local newspaper with a red pen (and debating sending them back to the newspaper publishing company), reading every novel on two of my six shelves (I've been too ADD for reading, or I probably would have reread everything I own), or completing the New York Times crossword puzzles with my mom. No more will I prowl around blogger, using punny pseudonyms and posting comments on the blogs of people I don't even know.

I am employed!

1 comment:

Petra said...

Congratulations! I'm going to email you pronto to find out what this mysterious new job is. Course, now that you're gainfully employed, maybe you won't have time to email me back right away. Drat.