Friday, January 26, 2007

Those Who Know Me Best

It seems I often forget the people who know me best. In the course of things, I forget that my good friend Heather always knows the right thing to tell me to make me snort. Or, if I'm eating when we're talking, to practically choke. Of course, she's never caused me to die. And we only get into near-Heimlich territory when whatever she told me is hilarious. Like today, when she said that parts of her office have, unfortunately, become a shrine to Lara Croft. Poor thing. Doesn't she see enough of Angelina Jolie when she picks up her groceries?

My chum Kassie knows how to make me happy both outside and inside . . . And she is one of two people who have posted comments to this blog. Heck, she may be one of, um, I don't know, three people who actually read my various ramblings and keep up to date on my life this way. The other comment poster, Petra, I value because she is a wicked awesome e-mail correspondent. And one of the few people who can also cause the near-Heimlich reaction, even if she does it long distance.

And my parents, who know I like frozen yogurt to celebrate any momentous occasions in my life. (Like getting a job!) Between the two of them, they don't even have to call to see what I want. My dad knows it's a medium. My mom knows it's vanilla yogurt with raspberries and cream cheese.

Today is one of those days that I love living at home.

1 comment:

Petra said...

Well, now this "wicked awesome email correspondent" feels a bit guilty, seeing it's been a while since she's responded. Oh, and, um, no pressure or anything on the next response. Now I'm all nervous.

Thanks for the shameless promotion, though, even if you did steal the label from me (shamelessly, of course).