Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Difference Between Grad and Undergrad

. . . may well be this.

Not, mind you, that I'm not happy for Schmetterling.

It's just that I've been sick off an on since mid-October (ish), and I know that none of my professors would cut me that kind of slack.

Of course, since anxiety and stress have weakened the immune systems of 90% of all of the grad students and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of us will be sick this week (which, really, seems patently unfair since it's the last week of classes and all of the big projects are coming due), the professors would be granting leeway less on an individual basis and more on the basis of the collective sickness of the group.

I had high hopes for the state of my health this morning. Until I woke up with a runny nose. A sore throat from you-know-where. And some severe congestion issues. I'd crawl back in bed, except I have things to do. Far, far, far too many things to do.

1 comment:

Schmetterling said...

Well. Nanner-nanner, then =P