Monday, December 8, 2008

A Brief Announcement

If you do not like most versions of that lovely Christmas Carol, "The Little Drummer Boy," it's okay. We can still be friends.

If, however, you dare to dislike this version (as sung by the ever-fabulous Josh Groban, whose Christmas CD every person with any sort of musical taste should own, because it's amazing) . . . well, then, you have two choices:

1. Learn to like it. (Or at least pretend to like it.) Or . . .

2. Allow yourself to be cultured by none other than me, myself, and I.

And if you don't like it, I have only one question for you: what do you have against the bagpipes?

4 comments:

Xan said...

It's not bagpipes, it's Josh Groban. Nails on a chalkboard to me. And I am musically cultured, and you know it.

Katie said...

Okay, so there may be exceptions. Because you are still, most definitely, my friend.

And I'll readily admit that you're musically cultured. No arguments there.

But please don't tell me you dislike Josh Groban because he's popular. (Knowing you, I'm sure you have different reasons . . .)

It's been my mission in life to talk people out of intense "hatred" of things they've never experienced and are refusing to experience due to popular acclaim . . .

. . . With the notable exception of the Twilight series. I've been recently getting a perverse sense of pleasure out of encouraging inane hatred, particularly for that last installment . . .

tammyfaye22 said...

I'm delighted to let you culture me, and I absolutely LOVE, LOVE this version of the song!! I'm so grateful you introduced me to it!!

Jenny said...

Josh Groban!!! *attacks with fan-girlish glee* ^.^ Haza...