Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Job Update

The job hunt continues.  I had three interviews today.  It was more than a little tiring.  Also, I decided I'm not cutthroat enough to endure too many group interviews.  I find myself empathizing with the other people in the interview with me.  Comparing their ways of speech and their physical appearance to people I know.  And inevitably, I find myself becoming somewhat attached to them.
 
I know it's strange.  Trust me, I know.  But I have a hard time thinking of them as the enemy.  And almost as hard a time thinking of them as the competition.
 
They're people too.  They need jobs too.  And even though the girls from this morning already had other positions, it could still benefit them to have that position.
 
That is why I love one-on-one interviews.  I can endure Chinese water torture interviews, I think, provided that I am the only person there.  If there were others suffering with me . . . 
 
The morning interview: not the best.  The first afternoon interview: meh.  The last interview of today: went well.  I hope they offer me the job.  They were nice.
 
But then again, I have another interview tomorrow.  We'll see what happens then.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Really? Huh... Yeah, I like group interviews better. I have the same... problem, if you wanna call it that, of sympathising with the other people. But I feel more comfortable. When it's just me I'm terribly nervous and it's not pretty. >.< When I'm in a group the pressure is shared, and I feel like I can be more myself.