Thursday, October 18, 2007

Here's some irony for you

I now work in Human Resources, and it's leading me to believe people less. I don't necessarily like people less, but I'm becoming more heartless. Then again, perhaps this is unsurprising. After all, my professions refers to actual people as "resources," so maybe it is only naturally that I de-personalize people. Also, when it comes to most excuses and whining and anything in that family, I don't believe people anymore. I've heard it all.

Another irony: English major. Creative writing, to be exact. And I'm the worst regular correspondent in the world. My brother has been on a mission for more than a year, and I think I've written him three e-mails. (For the record, this is the younger brother I've always gotten along with, and not the older brother--I only sent him two letters) My average turnaround time for most regular e-mail correspondents is somewhere in the neighborhood of a month. I'm surprisingly communicative in other ways and in other arenas.

It's also ironic that I should study so long and not do as well as I wanted on the GRE. In the end, I think the studying is what hampered my progress. Now THAT'S irony . . .

2 comments:

Xan said...

Yeah, I (xanthippe09 on BB) only wrote my older brother twice on his mission too...but my little brother I did much better with once I got on the whole "emailing" him thing. Sometimes I heard from him two or three times a week. (My mom HATED that. Hehe.) It wasn't until the last six months he was out though, that I got communicative.

And I think the studying did hamper your performance on the GRE, I didn't do that much and did well enough to get at the Y.

Katie said...

I didn't do badly. Just not as well as I wanted. My curse in life, I suppose.

BTW, it makes me feel better that somebody else actually admits to being abominable at communicating with a family member.

Also, hope NBC was fun :)