Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Mom and Technology

They haven't always been on the best of terms, those two. Let's be honest: they've always been on horrible terms until the last few years, when they were forced to reconcile somewhat. In the beginning, I believe it might have been a jealousy--my dad works an IT director and has always had the latest "toys."

She, on the other hand, well . . . let's just say she only agreed to the creation of an e-mail account when we told her it would help her with her family history work. And even then, it took two years before we convinced her to attempt attaching a picture to an e-mail. And I think the Post-It note with step-by-step instructions for that only disappeared from her desk last year.

This is the woman known to says things like: "Who's URL (pronouncing it "Earl")?" and "There are faster methods than e-mail?" and "What's a blog?"

Except I'm now officially floored: she has actually visited a blog. (Doesn't visit mine, I don't know if she even remembers I have one) But she visited a librarian's blog. Because she heard it mentioned on Good Day, Utah. Though her source isn't exactly outstanding, I'm proud!

My techno-impaired mommy is growing up!

1 comment:

aussie said...

lol. My dad is the same way.