Saturday, September 29, 2007

Credit Card Companies: Killers of Hope

I don't like credit card companies, though I do have two credit cards. (I find them to be something of a necessary convenience, something I could write an essay to explain at some time that is not right now . . .)



This is why: they mock me. I don't get any mail, with the exception of the gas and utilities bills, at my apartment. No cards or letters or anything real--because I didn't want to forward my mail from my parents' house when I still come home for dinner practically every Sunday.



They mock me, because I come home and see stacks of mail. And I get excited. Only to find that 96% (this is an exact statistic) of those envelopes are evil-demon credit card offers.

1 comment:

aussie said...

What is your address, my friend? I want to write you a letter and send it to you. (E-mail it to me, rather than post it here, if you prefer.)

Do you, by the way, still want to be my pen pal when I leave for Australia?