Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Grad School Anxieties

I got so excited when I started my lunch break this afternoon and found an e-mail from Boston University in my inbox. "Hooray!" I thought, "Someone is finally getting back to me!"

Imagine my chagrin when I discovered the e-mail reported they had lost one of my recommendation letters. I kid you not! The e-mail essentially said, "The below item/s are missing:" then listed "Two recommendations letters: we have one from Prof. Tutor." Two sentences later, the writer admitted that the other letter had likely been lost or misplaced by the University. Do I, by chance, have a soft copy.

Sigh. I forwarded it to my advisor, who had written me a rather nice letter (he called and read it to me before he shipped it off), and I'm praying he kept a soft copy.

The next time I see information from a school, may it be an acceptance or a rejection. I'm beginning to not care which, though I certainly favor acceptances. I just want the closure!

No comments: