Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Job Hunting. Again.

And now it has come back to this: I am, once again, searching for employment. A job that will, at the very least, pay the rent this summer. I expect and need nothing more than that, really. I periodically looked during the second to last week of the semester, which is likely why I had to spend the entirety of the last week of the semester knuckling under and writing brilliant papers. (Okay, okay. I'll stop lying. I spent that time writing adequate papers that might have had semi-brilliant moments.)

Anyway, I've now re-immersed myself in a world full of applications and interviews and "skill sets." (I am, I've been told, "a good skill set"...more about that in some other post. If I feel like it.) And it's even more discouraging to immerse myself in this environment in an economically heinous time. The applicant pool, it seems, has grown several feet deeper since the last time I swam in it.

But nevertheless, I have decided to trudge on. To keep applying for positions. And to try to maintain as cheery an attitude as I can. (It was not easy to be cheery a couple of days ago. Slowly getting easier though...)

1 comment:

JobSearchNinja said...

Setting yourself manageable job search targets on a daily or weekly basis, and even scoring yourself to make sure that you stay on track, helps to make you feel in control of an area of life which might otherwise begin to feel totally unmanageable.