Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I've Done It Again!

I don't know how I manage it, but I have a tremendous knack for catastrophically injuring myself in the smallest of ways. Okay, perhaps this time it isn't catastrophic...or it is, but only relatively speaking.

I've sprained my ankle. Again. (Witnesses report that when this information was communicated to my family via word of mouth after I told my mother over the phone this weekend--prior to when they witnessed the watermelon-foot hybrid in all its glory--that my brother-in-law reported asked: "Did she fall off a Trax train again?")

No, indeed. This time I just...fell. On the way from my front door to my ride's car door. Apparently, the street and I aren't seeing...foot to ground. I had almost successfully reached the car when all of a sudden, I found myself not quite standing anymore. And with a decided pain in my foot.

But on the bright side: I now have something fascinating to watch. I'm intrigued by how swollen it gets. I'm intrigued by how many colors it turns. And I'm especially intrigued that I can press into the swollen part with my finger...and then watch the indentation stay for a few minutes.

Also, I'm glad this didn't happen while the weather was nice.

It's been four and a half years since I fell off the Trax train, so I suppose I might've been overdue for an injury. Here's hoping it will be another four and a half years before I break myself further.

3 comments:

Th. said...

.

Congratulations!

Kassie Kay said...

Oh, I love you. Post pictures. I want to see the colors.

http://kassieterkelson.com

Katie said...

Sorry, Kassie. I have no phone with which to take pictures. And right now it's just mostly purple.