Sunday, October 31, 2010

Going, Doing, Being: A Small Svithe

Today's musical number in my parent's sacrament meeting was a lovely arrangement of "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go"--a former ward member arranged and sang it. He did something vaguely familiar that I believe I'd heard at the end before, combining all the key verbs from each song so that it ended with, "I'll go, and I'll do, and I'll be what you want me to be."

And it struck me: some (not all, but some) of the struggles I've faced are a direct result of my insistence on being, going, and doing what I want to do. And let's face it, someone else has better vision here. More eternal vision.

I hope to be better in the future at going, doing, being at the direction of someone infinitely wiser than I am.

4 comments:

Th. said...

.

So easily said! (he said)

Cristina said...

I'm rubbish at this, by the way. You have a friend in your struggles. :)

Katie said...

Isn't that so true of many gospel principles, though? Easily said, not so easily executed.

Braden said...

I like that song.