Saturday, July 21, 2007

Feet are Fickle Things

I'm sure all of you would be glad to hear that my foot is no longer the size of a watermelon. It's regaining it's usual shape and size, even if it still has a distinctive hue (a sick shade of lilac, aside from the dark bruise on the bottom of my foot, which can't decide exactly what shade of purple it should like to be).

Now, I'm experience some rather curious sensations: I have the sensation you get when your foot is falling asleep, except somewhat painful. I can't turn my foot at a ninety degree ankle. And three of my toes (the three outer toes, in case you were curious) don't move. I can't curl them. I can make the third toe move a little if I strain, but then I get a bit of extra pain.

And out of curiosity, are there no teasing insults for someone who has difficulty walking aside from "gimp", "hopalong", and "lame"?

No comments: